Go beyond the hype and build a solid foundation of theory and practice with this workshop on Microservice development.
Join Udi Dahan (@UdiDahan) for a one-day deep dive covering both architectural topics and the nitty-gritty details of building production-ready systems including:
- Data ownership across systems
- Fault tolerance – HTTP and queues
- Scalability, high availability & monitoring
You'll also get some hands-on experience in Microservice development by building:
- Scalable command-processing endpoints
- Publish/subscribe event-processing interactions
- Long-running multi-stage business processes and policies
We’ll cover service-oriented architecture concepts, DDD concepts such as bounded contexts, and data ownership.
We’ll apply those concepts to build a simple, yet fully functional, order management system sample with a Microservice architecture, using patterns such as command processing, pub/sub and long-running sagas.
Senior developers, tech leads, and architects will benefit most from this workshop.
You'll need a Windows laptop, prepared by following the workshop setup instructions. We recommend you prepare your laptop at least a week before the workshop.