Windows and Linux Containers for .NET Developers with Docker
09:00 - 17:00
Docker has changed the way that systems can be isolated, secured and deployed at scale. With the new container features of Window Server 2016 it’s now possible to deploy applications as native Windows Containers.
In this hands-on workshop targeted towards developers, attendees will understand how to build systems that take advantage of Windows Containers in both development and production.
Topics and discussion points include:
- Windows Containers as a Development Environment on Windows 10
- Building Windows Containers
- Continuous integration with Windows Containers
- Running containers at scale with Docker Swarm and Kubernetes
- Container security with Hyper-V Containers
- Combining Windows Containers with Linux Containers
Participants will learn lessons from real-world deployments of Docker and container-based systems, and understand how they can migrate their applications to Windows Containers.
Ben has done the rounds as a tester, developer, speaker, freelancer, startup entrepreneur and most recently working at a startup investment company in London. Ben is currently working on his next startup venture.