.NET Core is an amazing developer stack! You can use it to build just about any kind of application, running on just about any operating system. And it’s moving quickly, with loads of new features being added every year! That’s exciting and empowering, but also a little overwhelming. There’s so much to know, and to keep up with. How do you get started, and even once you do, how do you keep up?
This workshop will teach you the skills to make you successful in building .NET applications no matter what application type or operating system you are targeting. We’ll start with an overview of the framework and development tools, dig into ASP.NET Core web development, show you what you need to know to update from the .NET Framework to .NET Core, overview code reuse across frameworks, and wrap-up up with some real world architecture and deployment recommendations. Bring your laptop and roll up your sleeves for this full day workshop.
- .NET Core overview: You’ll learn the framework, developer tools, and how to get started developing on Windows, Mac, or Linux
- Web Development with ASP.NET Core: We’ll cover web development with Razor Pages and web APIs, including an understanding of the moving parts like middleware and configuration
- Desktop Development: .NET Core 3 provides some exciting new opportunities for WPF and WinForms developers to leverage .NET Core. We’ll take a look at what’s there (currently in pre-release) and a look at how you can prepare your desktop applications to make the move to .NET Core 3.
- Mobile: You can leverage Xamarin to build applications with .NET Core. We’ll introduce you to the tools and workflow to get you started.
- .NET Standard, Migration and interop with .NET Framework: We understand that you’ve got existing applications and libraries in older versions of the .NET Framework. Learn how tools and concepts like .NET Standard help you interoperate and migrate.
- Deployment: We’ll take a look at deploying your applications to Azure.
- Learning and keeping up: After a full day of learning the about the latest .NET releases and features, we’ll wrap up with some top resources for learning more and keeping up to date.